The Women’s Committee
Purpose: The Women’s Committee of the Orchard Park Symphony was founded in 1957 to promote attendance at the concerts and appreciation of fine music, to provide hospitality for the orchestra and soloists, and to give all possible assistance to the orchestra.
Structure of the Women’s Committee: The Executive Board consists of President, Vice President (Program), Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer, and Directors. Committees are selected to handle hospitality, scholarship competition, fund raisers and other responsibilities as needed.
- Coffees are held on the Thursday preceding the concerts at 10 a.m. at a local church. The program usually is arranged to complement the next night’s concert program.
- Post concerts receptions are held to entertain artists and guests.
- Refreshments are provided for orchestra members during rehearsal four times a season.
- Table decorations are provided for the annual symphony dinner.
- An annual competition for scholarships is held for local Junior and Senior high school musicians, sons and daughters of orchestra members, and students who play in the orchestra.
- A plant sale is held each year in May and June utilizing local growers who contribute a percentage of their total sales, generated by coupons which have been sold by all committee members.
Women’s Committee Coffee Hours
All coffees will be held at 10 a.m. at the Orchard Park Presbyterian Church, 4363 S Buffalo Rd., Orchard Park.
The Women’s Committee invites anyone who has an interest in good music and enjoys and appreciates our own local Southtowns Symphony to please contact the membership chairman at 662-2302, or any committee member for more information.
President: Gail Marcin
President Emeritus: Ann Thea Beck
Vice President: Alice Glace
Recording Secretary: Barbara Myers
Corresponding Secretary: Kay Miller & Helen Sanders
Treasurer: Elaine Maloney
Women’s Committee Board Meetings
All board meetings will be held at St. Mark’s Church, 6595 East Quaker Rd., Orchard Park.