The Women’s Committee of the Orchard Park Symphony Orchestra
The Women’s Committee of the Orchard Park Symphony was founded in 1957 to promote attendance at the concerts and appreciation of fine music, to provide hospitality for the orchestra and soloists, and to give all possible assistance to the orchestra.
The Executive Board consists of …
- President: Gail Freeman
- Vice President(s): Tere Piper, Amy San Filipino
- Recording Secretary: Heidi Salva
- Corresponding Secretary: RaeAnn Reese
- Treasurer: Judy Denison
- Membership: Kathy Story
Committees are selected to handle hospitality, scholarship competition, fund raisers, and other responsibilities as needed.
- Coffees are held on the Thursday preceding the concerts at 10 a.m. at the Orchard Park Country Club. The program usually is arranged to complement the next night’s concert program.
- Post-concert receptions are held to entertain artists and guests.
- Refreshments are provided for orchestra members during rehearsal four times a season.
- An annual competition for scholarships is held for Grade 9 through 12 musicians.
- A plant sale is held each year in May and June utilizing local growers who contribute a percentage of their total sales, generated by coupons that have been sold by all committee members.
The Women’s Committee invites anyone who has an interest in good music and enjoys and appreciates our own local Southtowns Symphony to please contact the membership chairman at 716-662-2302, or any committee member for more information.