Purpose: The Women’s Committee of the Orchard Park Symphony was founded in 1957 to provide hospitality for the orchestra and soloists, to provide music scholarships for qualifying secondary school musicians, and to promote attendance at the concerts and appreciation of fine music.
Structure of the Women’s Committee: The Executive Board consists of President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer, and Membership. Committees are selected to handle hospitality, scholarship competition, fund raisers, and other responsibilities as needed.
2023 Nan Ackerman Memorial Music Scholarship Competition
Information about the 2023 Nan Ackerman Memorial Music Scholarship Competition can be found here.
2022 Annual Music Scholarship Competition Winners Announced!
- The Women’s Committee Coffees are held on the Thursday preceding the concerts at 10 a.m. at the Orchard Park Country Club. The entertainment is frequently enhanced by guest speakers, musicians and artists.
- The Women’s Committee hosts the Spring Concert reception for artists, guests and audience.
- The Women’s Committee refreshments are provided for orchestra members during rehearsal four times a season.
- The Women’s Committee annual competition for scholarships is held for qualifying secondary school musicians.
- The Women’s Committee plant sale is held each year in May and June utilizing local growers who contribute a percentage of their total sales, generated by coupons, which have been sold by all committee members.
Women’s Committee Coffee Hours
The Women’s Committee Coffees are held on the Thursday preceding the concerts at 10 a.m. at the Orchard Park Country Club, 4777 South Buffalo Street, Orchard Park.
The Women’s Committee invites anyone who has an interest in good music and enjoys and appreciates our own local Southtowns Symphony to please contact the Membership Chairman, Kathy Story at email@example.com.
Get Involved & Have Fun!
- President: Gail Freeman
- Vice President(s): Tere Piper, Amy San Filipino
- Recording Secretary: Heidi Salva
- Corresponding Secretary: Sara Zelasko
- Treasurer: Sharon Spagnoli
- Membership: Kathy Story
Women’s Committee Pre-concert Brunch
Women’s Committee sponsored refreshments.
At our Orchard Park Women’s Committee Meeting Coffee held at the Orchard Park Country Club, Tere Piper gave a workshop on making pillows and pillow cases for people in need at local hospitals to help make them more comfortable. “Helping Hands” is the class that she teaches.
Ladies attending the Coffee Hour at the Orchard Park Country Club.
Margie Klisiewicz, Rae Ann Reese, Joyce Bailey, Gail Marcin
Gail Freeman – President