The Women’s Committee
Purpose: The Women’s Committee of the Orchard Park Symphony was founded in 1957 to promote attendance at the concerts and appreciation of fine music, to provide hospitality for the orchestra and soloists, and to give all possible assistance to the orchestra.
Structure of the Women’s Committee: The Executive Board consists of President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer, and Membership. Committees are selected to handle hospitality, scholarship competition, fund raisers, and other responsibilities as needed.
- Coffees are held on the Thursday preceding the concerts at 10 a.m. at the Orchard Park Country Club. The program usually is arranged to complement the next night’s concert program.
- Post concerts receptions are held to entertain artists and guests.
- Refreshments are provided for orchestra members during rehearsal four times a season.
- An annual competition for scholarships is held for local Junior and Senior high school musicians.
- A plant sale is held each year in May and June utilizing local growers who contribute a percentage of their total sales, generated by coupons which have been sold by all committee members.
Women’s Committee Coffee Hours
All coffees will be held at 10 a.m. at the Orchard Park Country Club, 4777 South Buffalo Street, Orchard Park.
The Women’s Committee invites anyone who has an interest in good music and enjoys and appreciates our own local Southtowns Symphony to please contact the Membership Chairman, Kathy Story at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President: Gail Freeman
- President Emeritus: Gail Martin
- Vice President: Annette Marmion, Kay Miller
- Recording Secretary: Vivian Johnston
- Corresponding Secretary: Helen Sanders
- Treasurer: Sharon Spagnoli
- Membership: Kathy Story
Women’s Committee Board Meetings
All board meetings will be held at St. Mark’s Church, 6595 East Quaker Rd., Orchard Park.